2009 MLTI Summer Institute
Maine Maritime Institute ~ Castine, Maine
July 29 – 31, 2009
Call for Proposals and “Save the Dates”
From MLTI Team:
Mark your calendar for the summer’s most reasonably priced, high quality professional development opportunity. Present to colleagues and come for free!
If you are interested in attending, keep watching our website for updates on sessions and registration information.
If you are interested in presenting at the Institute, then please keep reading!
Workshop topic proposals should include:
Hands-on creative and imaginative professional development opportunities;
Interdisciplinary connections between the arts and creative thinking in other Maine Learning
Results content areas utilizing technology are preferred;
Innovative instruction, curriculum and assessment;
Encouraging links between at arts disciplines (music, dance, theater or visual art) and content areas (Career and Education Development, English Language Arts, Health Education and
Physical Education, Mathematics, Science and Technology, Social Studies, World Languages) to promote differentiated instruction and universal access;
Unique learning opportunities for educators utilizing technology to impact teaching and learning for all students, and
Open Education Resources (OER) that support the content/curriculum areas addressed.
Collaborative presentations are encouraged!
- Sessions will be half-day sessions including a mid-point break.
- The major focus is on 7-12 educators but all are welcome.
- Participants are required to have a laptop, preferably a Mac with either the middle high school MLTI image or similar software.
- The planning committee encourages you to seek out a colleague you’ve been thinking about developing curriculum ideas with and make it happen to share your creati work with at this conference!
Registration, food, lodging are waived for presenters. Mileage is reimbursed and 24 contact hours awarded for presenters.
Email proposals and questions to Juanita Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals need to be submitted by May 22, 2009. Presenters will be notified by June 1, 2009.
Proposals must include ALL of the following information. If you are submitting a collaborative presentation proposal, please ensure you include the name, email, role etc for the additional presenters.
- Name of presenter
- Email addresses – school and summer
- SUMMER contact phone number
- Position – i.e. teacher, grade level and subject
- School name
- Title of session
- 1-2 sentence description of session including content area and grade level
- Brief description of session (approx.100 words)
- Presenter biographical information (50 words max)
- Equipment needs, room arrangement required for session